This has been one of my favorite videos about making in education. Paulo Blikstein is the director of the Transformative Learning Technologies Lab at Stanford which is behind the FabLab@School initiative and runs the FabLearn conference (which is coming up on October 25-26). The FabLab@School builds on Neil Gershenfeld’s FabLab concept (see 2007 TED talk below) but focuses specifically on digital fabrication for schools and children.
- “Most Likely to Succeed” Film Screening and Travis Makerspace Fundraiser Tickets, Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 6:00 PM | Eventbrite
- Meaningful Making: Projects and Inspirations for FabLabs and Makerspaces | FabLearn Fellows
- Maker Polluza with the Texas STEM Teacher Circle – Austin Maker Ed Meetup (Austin, TX) – Meetup
- Austin Mini Maker Faire | Make • Create • Craft • Build • Play
- Thinkery at the Library | Austin Public Library